Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cherry on Top

Thank you to Evil Pixie who tagged me on my very first blog award. It's a pretty little cupcake thing and here are the rules: talk about three things I love about myself, and then pass the award on to bloggers I love.

1. Following Pixie's lead, who loves the fact that she's tall, I love the fact that I'm short. I enjoy the surprise some people get when they discover I'm not weak or timid just because I'm small. I'm strong, independent, and not afraid to speak up.

2. I love the fact that I am not your average American. I don't carry debt (other than my house). I am not religious and I'm worldly enough to know that Muslims and immigrants are not the enemy of our society.

3. I love the fact that I'm visually inclined. I appreciate interesting photography, thoughtful design, and well-written passages. Putting all of this together gives me great pleasure and I'm fortunate enough to have the skill set to make it happen.

4. I'm on a roll. Last night, when I discovered that Evil Pixie had tagged me, I thought about all of the things I love about my world externally but not about the things I love intrinsically to myself. I was stunned to realize that this might be a difficult exercise so one more is in order. I love the fact that I'm open to people and things outside the norm, that different doesn't scare me enough to walk away. More on this later and in future posts. :-)

And now I pass this award on to Shining Lotus, who has had a difficult year and has shown she has a lot to love about her awesome self.

1 comment:

mina said...

Thanks Leslie! I saw the progression of this from Evil Pixie to you then to me! I love it:) I'm playing catch up and will do my post for this soon. And I was just saying a few weeks ago, I want a little blog award:)