Thursday, June 17, 2010

Riad Number 9







This house was featured in the April 2006 issue of Elle Decor and is available for rent in Morocco. Here's a description I took from Stephen Direnza's Web site:

Located in the heart of the medieval, UNESCO-protected medina of Fez, Riad Number 9 is a haven of peace and tranquility. Its owner carefully restored the property using only traditional methods over a three-year period. Asian, French and English antiques harmoniously cohabit, amplifying an ambiance of subdued luxury and charm.

Truth be told, as much as I like a pale, neutral palette, I need to live among pattern and color. I long for high ceilings, tall doors, and tile accents. $4,200 for one week and 3.5 hours from the airport. Includes a house cat and on-site chef.

3 comments:

A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

wow that is so pretty that hurts me! i simply love moroccan architecture! kinda depressing to see how pricey would be to spend a week in such a place - that is like 4 months rent!

Leslie in Adams Morgan said...

yes, the price is steep! I guess since it's three bedrooms, three couples could share the cost but it would still be approx $1500 each!

Cartapazza said...

nice!